A press release from the Texas Lottery:
Greetings from Texas Lottery Headquarters!
We bring word from our allies in the Dallas region of Earth that your presence is requested at a meeting of like-minded individuals. We request that you appear in the uniform or traditional dress of your people and bring as many diplomats as possible. With your help, we will convince envoys representing the Guinness Book of World Records of the strength of our numbers.
Commanding Officer: WILLIAM SHATNER
Convenes on Stardate: -310242.2 (also described as 3/30/2013, 10:00:00 a.m.)
Coordinates: N32° 46.4632′, W096° 48.013′
Dallas Convention Center
650 South Griffin Street
Dallas, TX 75202
Subspace Frequency: 512-344-5131
- Surpass 1,040 uniformed representatives in attendance
- Provide interstellar updates via Twitter
- Music and games
- Win-them-before-you-can-buy-them limited edition Star Trek scratch-off lottery tickets
- Chances to win Texas Lottery® merchandise
- Chance to win $50,000
- Chance to win a Star Trek™ Convention Trip Package including:
- Airfare for two from Dallas, Austin, Houston or San Antonio to Las Vegas
- Five nights first-class hotel accommodations
- Round-trip car service between airport and hotel
- Dinner for two ($500 value)
- Ticket for two to the Star Trek Convention
- $1,000 spending money
- There will be no charge to participate, the uniform or traditional dress of your people is your ticket to this event!
On March 30, 2013 the Texas Lottery will attempt to set a Guinness world record by having the most people in Star Trek costumes at one event! To kick-off the new Star Trek scratch-off game, we want you to join us and WILLIAM SHATNER at 10 a.m. at the Dallas Convention Center in your Star Trek costume! We need at least 1,041 attendees in costume to break the record. Share this email with fellow fans and follow the Texas Lottery on Facebook and Twitter for updates.