World Fantasy Awards Association President Peter Dennis Pautz has announced the identities of the judges for the 2013 World Fantasy Awards (for works published in 2012). The Gahan Wilson-designed trophies will be presented to the winners at the World Fantasy Convention, which is being held at the Hilton Brighton Metropole & the West Pier, at Kings Road, in Brighton, United Kingdom, from 31 October to 3 November 2013.
Material for consideration for the awards must be sent to all the judges, as well as the World Fantasy Awards Association president (see addresses, below), and must be marked “Promotional Materials—Not for Sale or Resale—No Commercial Value—World Fantasy Awards Materials.” To be considered, books must have been published in 2012, and magazines must have a 2012 cover date. All types of fantasy are eligible for the awards, which will be given in categories for: Life Achievement, Best Novel, Best Novella (10,001-40,000 words), Best Short Story, Best Anthology, Best Collection, Best Artist, Special Award (Pro), and Special Award (Non-Pro). Deadline for receipt is 1 June 2013.
The 2013 judges are:
* Holly Black, 10 Pleasant Court, Amherst, MA 01002, USA
* Tom Clegg, 9 rue Arthur Rozier (Code: B9281), Paris 75019, France (Greatly prefers electronic submissions, to t [dot] clegg [at] noos [dot] fr)
* Marc Laidlaw, 15510 NE 153rd Street, Woodinville, WA 98072, USA (Greatly prefers electronic submissions, to mlaidlaw [at] gmail [dot] com)
* Stephen Laws, 4 Willowdene, Forest Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE12 7BF, United Kingdom
* Stephanie Smith, 22 Furneaux Ave, Lutana, TAS 7009, Australia (Given the vagaries of international post, Ms. Smith would appreciate the following added to any package of submissions: “May be left on veranda.” Also, please email her with a list of submissions: stephasmith [at] me [dot] com)
* Peter Dennis Pautz, President, World Fantasy Awards Association, PO Box 43, Mukilteo, WA 98275, USA