A press release from Cory Doctorow:
On the NYC leg of my Pirate Cinema tour, I’ll be stopping at Brooklyn’s wonderful indie bookstore WORD. The WORD folks have cooked up a remix video competition for the event, inviting you to make short remix videos, 1-3 minutes long. I’ll be judging the finalists, and the winner will be screened at my reading and signing on October 15. Submissions need to be in by October 12, so get cracking!
More details from WORD’s web site:
In Cory Doctorow’s newest novel, Pirate Cinema, sixteen-year-old Trent McCauley spends his time making new movies by reassembling footage from popular films — until he runs afoul of draconian anti-piracy laws and is forced to go on the run. In honor of Trent and our event with Doctorow on October 15, we are now accepting submissions of your own pirate flix. Below are the submission guidelines, have at it!
Pirate Flix Contest Guidelines:
- Submit your video by sending us the link! (We recommend YouTube or Vimeo for the hosting platform, for ease of sharing.)
- Videos should be between 1 and 3 minutes long. (Seriously guys, no longer than 3 minutes!)
- Videos must be comprised of previously existing footage to qualify.
- All submission links must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, October 12.
- WORD staff will pick the finalists, and Cory Doctorow will pick the winner.
- The winning submission will be announced and screened at the event! (The AWESOME prize must be picked up in person.)